My Little ROCK – Reliable Organised Cooking Kitchen
– Chorizo & Sweet Potato Salad –
This tasty warm salad that can be served as a main dish or side salad and only requires 10 minutes preparation time in the kitchen.
2 people as a main dish or 4 people as a side salad.
Time to table:
Large baking pan – I use a cast aluminium baking pan with a non-stick surface
Number of Ingredients:
500g sweet potato
1 brown onion
Olive oil for cooking
Salt and pepper to taste
- Firstly put the oven to 180C fan forced.
- Peel and cube the sweet potato into 1.5cm – 2cm cubes. Don’t be too fussy, there’s no way you’ll get perfect cubes as the sweet potato wasn’t square in the first place! Just try and get them all about the same size.
- Peel and chop the brown onion, cut it in half and then again into thirds.
- Chop the chorizo, cut it into 1cm slices and then cut them in half so you end up with half circle chunks.
1. Put some olive oil in your baking dish (About a tablespoon) and add the sweet potato and brown onion. Toss the vegetables in the oil and then season with salt and pepper. Put in the oven for 15 minutes.
2. After 15 minutes add the chorizo to the pan, and put back in the oven for another 15 minutes. Make sure to spread them evenly around the pan.
3. Remove from the oven and check your sweet potato is cooked (if you want to roast it longer remove the chorizo) remove from the baking tray and allow to cool on a plate for 5 minutes. In the meantime add your rocket to a serving bowl and slice your lemon so that it can be squeezed over the salad to taste on the plate.
4. Toss the vegetables, chorizo and rocket and add a little olive oil to dress if required.
Hints and Tips:
- Chorizo usually comes in a 250g pack so it’s easy to make a double batch if you need to. Otherwise store the remaining chorizo in a clip zip bag for future use.
- Rocket is available from the shop in a 60g bag.
- Depending on the chorizo you buy there may be no need for extra olive oil to dress. It’s all down to your personal preference.