My Little ROCK – Reliable Organised Cooking Kitchen
– Sun Dried Tomato Pesto –
This is a recipe conversion from a Family Circle Cookbook called Deli food to make at home, you can make it in your TM5 or a food processor. It tastes delicious all by itself or you can add it to other dishes. It last’s in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
1 ¼ cups (310g)
Time to table:
Number of Ingredients:
TM5 or Food Processor
200g sun dried tomatoes in oil
1/3 cup (10g) fresh basil leaves
1/3 cup (10g) fresh flat leaf parsley
2 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons rinsed capers
1 large anchovy fillet
4 tablespoons (30g) toasted pine nuts
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons (15g) parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pull out all of your ingredients and measure.
- Rinse your capers.
- Peel your garlic.
1. Add your parmesan cheese; process at speed 9 for 10 seconds.
2. Remove the parmesan cheese and set aside.
3. Weigh in your pine nuts, anchovy fillet, drained capers, garlic, parsley, basil and sun dried tomatoes.
4. Chop on speed 5 for 3 seconds.
5. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula and then chop again on speed 5 for 3 seconds.
6. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again; Set to reverse mode speed 3 for 1 minute. While it’s mixing remove MC and slowly pour in oil and vinegar.
7. Add parmesan cheese and set to reverse mode Speed 3 for 10 seconds. Check to see if the cheese has mixed well; mix again on speed 3 for 10 seconds if required. Taste and add salt and pepper as required ( I don’t actually use any, but you may like some).
8. Transfer your pesto into sterilised jars and cover the surface with a thin coating of olive oil.
Hints and Tips:
- This recipe can be made in a food processor or blender.
- Seal and refrigerate for up to two weeks.