My Little ROCK – Reliable Organised Cooking Kitchen
– Basil Pesto –
This is a recipe conversion from a Family Circle Cookbook called Deli food to make at home, you can make it in your TM5 or food processor. It tastes delicious all by itself or you can add it to other dishes.
1 cup (250ml)
Time to Table:
Number of Ingredients:
Tm5 or Food Processor
2 cups (60g) fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup (40g) toasted pine nuts (You can buy these toasted or toast your own)
2 cloves garlic
1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup (50g) freshly grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pull out all of your ingredients
- Peel your garlic
- Measure out the oil
1. Weigh in your parmesan cheese (cut into chunks as pictured above); process at speed 9 for 10 seconds.
2. Remove the parmesan cheese and set aside.
3. Weigh in your toasted pine nuts and basil leaves. Add your garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Chop on speed 5 for 3 seconds.
5. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula and then chop again on speed 5 for 3 seconds.
6. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula and then chop again on speed 5 for 3 seconds. Yes I know I just told you to do it an extra time……
7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again (It was worth the extra chop wasn’t it!). Set to reverse mode speed 3 for 1 minute. While it’s mixing remove MC and slowly pour in the oil.
8. Add parmesan cheese and set to reverse mode Speed 3 for 10 seconds.
9. Check to see if the cheese has mixed well; mix again on speed 3 for 10 seconds if required.
10. Transfer your pesto into sterilised jars and cover the surface with a thin coating of olive oil.
Hints and Tips:
- This recipe can be made in a food processor or blender.
- Seal and refrigerate for up to 7 days.
Categories: Any Season, Basil, Food Processor - Dips, Pestos & Tapenades, Food Processor - Pestos, Tapenades & Dips, Processor / TM5, Savory Nibbles, Time to Table: 15 minutes and under, TM5 - Dips, Pestos & Tapenades