My Little ROCK – Reliable Organised Cooking Kitchen
– Prosciutto, Orange, Mint and Rocket Salad –
This salad that can be served as a main dish or side salad. I love the taste of the creamy bocconcini, sweet citrus and salty prosciutto all together.
2 people as a main dish or 4 people as a side salad
Time to table:
Number of Ingredients:
10 cherry bocconcini (110g)
10 fresh mint leaves
10g parmesan cheese (Shaved)
100g extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Grab all of your ingredients.
- Tear your bocconcini in half and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Tear the mint leaves into thirds.
- Shave your parmesan cheese (or use pre shaved).
- Cut the top and the tail off the oranges and remove the skin. Cut into 1 cm slices and then into small segments.
- Put together your dressing in a jar using the juice of the lemon and the olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste and shake to combine.
1. Add 1/3 of the rocket to the bowl.
2. Add 1/3 of the prosciutto, you will have to tear it up as you put it in to make sure it doesn’t stick together.
3. Sprinkle with 1/3 of each of the remaining ingredients: parmesan cheese, orange, mint and bocconcini.
4. Repeat the process with half of the remaining ingredients.
5. And finally do a third layer, doing it this way make sure nothing sticks together and that you get an even spread of the ingredients.
6. Dress using as much of the dressing as you like.
Hints and Tips:
- Rocket is available from the shop in a 60g bag.
- You can drizzle over some aged balsamic vinegar if you like.
- If you want an extra lemon or orange hit, grate some of the rind prior to using them to make the salad and sprinkle over to finish.