My Little ROCK – Reliable Organised Cooking Kitchen
– Hungarian Pork Chops –
This is a great dish served with roast vegetables, mashed potato or rice. As you can see from the photo it has heaps of creamy sauce to make sure everyone gets a good serve. It also uses meat on the bone which I think adds more flavour. You can do the final cooking on the stove in a frying pan with a lid or transfer it to the oven. Although I’m putting the cooking time at 45 minutes you only need to do the first 15 minutes in front of the stove and then it cooks all by itself!
Time to Table:
Number of Ingredients:
Large frying pan with lid
Optional: Large oven proof casserole dish with lid
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 teaspoons cornflour
2 tablespoons sherry
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup beef stock
250g sliced mushrooms
2 teaspoons paprika
1 onion (300g) diced
4 pork chops
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pull out all your ingredients and measure them out or just have the ingredients in their containers ready to use as required.
- Turn the oven to 180C fan forced if you intend to use this method rather than finishing it on the stove.
- Dice your onion.
- Cut your mushroom into thick slices.
- Chop your parsley.
1. Salt and pepper your pork chops.
2. Melt your butter and oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the pork chops.
3. Seal the meat on both sides and then remove and set aside (At this point if your going to use the oven you could put the chops straight in the ovenproof casserole dish.
4. Add the onions, paprika and mushrooms to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
5. Sauté for a couple of minutes until tender.
6. Add the beef stock and tomato paste mixing well. Simmer gently for 3-4 minutes.
7. Blend together the sherry and cornflour and add it to the pan, your mixture will then thicken. Add the parsley.
If you have chosen to cook the Hungarian Pork Chops in the oven you can then pour the sauce over the chops in your oven proof casserole dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. I’ve decided to not create anymore washing up so I’m adding my pork chops back into the pan.
8. If your using the pan on the stove make sure your pork chops are topped with the delicious sauce.
9. Cover and cook for 30 minutes until the pork chops are cooked through. This is the point when you can walk away and put on a load of laundry, feed the dogs and check your face book.
10. When your half an hour is up remove the pork chops from the sauce and add in the sour cream.
11. Add your chops back into the pan and serve.
Hints and Tips:
- You can add a couple more chops if required if your cooking for more than four people.