My Little ROCK – Reliable Organised Cooking Kitchen
– Olive Tapenade –
If you need a basic olive tapenade this one is really tasty, its a recipe conversion from a Family Circle Cookbook called Deli food to make at home. You can make this recipe in your TM5 or food processor.
1 1/4 cup (310ml)
Time to table:
Number of Ingredients:
TM5 or Food Processor
1 tablespoon rinsed and drained capers
30g drained anchovy fillets
50g drained tuna in oil
1 garlic clove peeled
1 cup (125g) pitted kalamata olives
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pull out all of your ingredients and measure as required.
1. Add the capers, anchovy fillets, tuna, garlic, olives and lemon juice to the bowl.
2. Chop on speed 5 for 3 seconds.
3. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula and then chop again on speed 5 for 3 seconds.
4. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula and then chop again on speed 5 for 3 seconds. Yes I know I just told you to do it an extra time……
5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again (It was worth the extra chop wasn’t it!). Set to reverse mode speed 3 for 1 minute. While it’s mixing remove MC and slowly pour in the oil.
6. Transfer your tapenade into sterilised jars and cover the surface with a thin coating of olive oil.
Hints and Tips:
- This recipe can be made in a food processor or blender.
Categories: Any Season, Food Processor - Dips, Pestos & Tapenades, Food Processor - Pestos, Tapenades & Dips, Olives, Processor / TM5, Savory Nibbles, Time to Table: 15 minutes and under, TM5 - Dips, Pestos & Tapenades