My Little ROCK – Reliable Organised Cooking Kitchen
– Christmas Candy Cane Candle Holder –
Need a quick, cheap and easy Christmas Table decoration? Why not make your own Christmas Candy Cane Candle Holder! Either that or make the kids make it for you.
Here’s what you need:
- A couple of boxes of candy canes
- x 2 elastic bands
- Red ribbon
- x 1 candle
- A recycled empty tin can which has had the label removed and the tin washed (Ok so you could use a full can if you need to….no one will know)
1. Wrap the elastic bands around the can.
2. Slip your candy canes through the elastic bands.
3. Keep adding the candy cane until you can’t fit any more (Don’t worry about it being wonky, you’ll have time to sort it out later).
4. Now move your elastic band so that they are spaced evenly with a distance that slightly smaller than the thickness of the ribbon.
5. Wrap your ribbon around the holder nice and tight with a knot, then make yourself a big bow. You can now start to even out your candy canes, sit them up straight or put them on a slight angle.
6. Next place your candle on top to see how much of the tin is left showing.
7. If you’ve got tin showing grab a piece of paper and trace around the base of the can to make a template.
8. Cut it out and slot it in.
9. Pop your candle back on top, finesse up those candy canes again and trim up your bow.