My Little ROCK – Reliable Organised Cooking Kitchen
– Greek Yogurt with Blueberries, Honey and Toasted Flaked Almonds –
I love the taste of toasted crunchy nutty flaked almonds with a smooth sweet yogurt and bursts of blueberries. I found this recipe in Gordon Ramsay’s Fast Food Cookbook and it’s one of the easiest recipe to make for breakfast, all you really have to do is toast up some flaked almonds in a frying pan and your done. For an easy Sunday breakfast you could just chuck a pot of Greek yogurt, jar of honey, batch of toasted flaked almonds and a punnet of blueberries on the table and let everyone help themselves. I have changed his measurements a little and have given you the ingredients for one serve but its so easy you can double, triple or quadruple the recipe quite easily.
Time to Table:
15 minutes….you can probably do it in 5 if your letting people serve their own
Number of Ingredients:
A small frying pan
2 tablespoons of flaked almonds
100g Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon honey
50g frozen blueberries or fresh if you have them
- Measure out all the ingredients.
1. Toast your flaked almonds in a dry frying pan over a medium heat. You want them to release that yummy toasted almond smell and take on a golden brown colour.
2. Once the flaked almonds are in the pan it takes about 20 seconds for them to be ready. Make sure you have a container to pop them into when their ready or they will continue to darken and cook in the pan even with the stove off.
3. Put your yogurt into a serving bowl.
4. Add the honey and mix well.
5. Drop in your blueberries.
6. Sprinkle over your toasted flaked almonds.
7. Mix and serve.
Hints and Tips:
- I always buy blueberries on special and pop them straight into the freezer to store. If you pull them out of the freezer at the start of the preparation for this dish they’ll be perfect to eat by the time your ready to drop them into the honey yogurt.