My Little ROCK – Reliable Organised Cooking Kitchen
– Chorizo & Cheese Quesadillas –
These crispy delicious quesadillas are so easy to make! Every mouthful gives you a taste of the crispy fried tortilla and the cheesy gooey centre with spicy chorizo and hint of spring onion. They freeze really well so you can make them ahead to have on hand for unexpected guests and afternoon snacks. You can pop a couple on a plate with a side of sour cream and fresh tomatoes for an easy weekday meal or cut them up and serve them as nibbles with a nice glass of white wine.
4 people at two per person
5 minutes for 2 quesadillas
Time to Table:
Number of Ingredients:
Large non stick frying pan
TM5 or food processor
Large mixing bowl
115g grated mozzarella cheese (You can buy this already grated)
115g grated cheddar cheese (You can buy this already grated too!!!)
225g chorizo sausage
4 spring onions
salt and pepper
8 flour tortillas
Olive oil for frying
- Measure out all the ingredients, grate the cheese if you have to and thinly slice your spring onions.
1. Cut your chorizo into 2 cm slices and pop them into the TM5 or food processor. If you don’t have a TM5 or food processor you can chop the chorizo by hand into small pieces.
2. Put the TM5 on speed 6 for 10 seconds, you want it to look like mince meat.
3. Put the minced chorizo into a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the chopped spring onions.
5. Mix well.
6. Add the grates mozzarella cheese.
7. Mix well.
8. Add the grated cheddar cheese.
9. Mix well…….
10. Grab a tortilla and place it on a plate or clean surface.
11. Add about 1/4 cup of the mixture.
12. Spread the mixture evenly over half the tortilla making sure to leave 1cm gap at the edge.
13. Fold the tortilla in half. You can now repeat the process to make the rest of the quesadillas. At this stage you can put them in the freezer for cooking later.
14. Put a large non stick frying pan on to a medium heat with a couple of tablespoon of olive oil.
15. Place a couple of the quesadillas in and gently push them down to flatten them.
16. Fry until golden and crispy.
Hints and Tips:
- The uncooked quesadillas freeze really well!!! Just grab them out of the freezer and pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds to defrost. After that you can cook them in the fry pan as per the recipe.