My Little ROCK – Reliable Organised Cooking Kitchen
– Coconut and Almond Muesli –
This coconut and almond muesli is a crunchy, sweet and delicious addition to any breakfast table. You can serve it as is or on top of some yogurt with fresh fruit. I found it on the Cooking Classy website while I was trolling the internet looking for a muesli recipe and boy does it deliver on taste. If I could bottle and sell the smell that came from my oven while I was cooking this stuff I’d be very rich woman.
Makes 1 large tray of muesli which is approximately 4 cups of muesli
45 – 55 minutes
Time to Table:
1 hour 15 minutes
Number of Ingredients:
Large baking tray
Large mixing bowl
Microwave safe bowl
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup flaked almonds
1 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon coconut essence
- You will need to use a microwave or the stove top to combine the wet ingredients.
- Make sure you have an airtight container or large clip zip bag to store your muesli in.
- Preheat the oven to 135C.
- Grab out all your ingredients and measure out your quantities.
- While your baking this delicious muesli you’re going to have to give it a quick stir every 15 minutes (3 times during the baking and once on completion). Think about using your kitchen timer to remind you or even the alarm on your mobile phone so you don’t forget.
1. Add your oats into a large mixing bowl.
2. Throw in the flaked almonds.
3. Chuck in the coconut.
4. Give it a good mix and set it aside.
5. Now grab your microwave safe bowl and drop in the brown sugar.
6. Add the honey.
7. Pour in the coconut oil.
8. Add in the salt.
9. Give it a good mix and then pop it into your microwave on high for 1 minute stirring half way.
10. Your mixture should be nicely warmed through and have little bubbles through it.
11. Next combine your dry ingredients and your wet ingredients in the large mixing bowl.
12. Give it a good mix until well combined and evenly coated.
13. Add the mixture to a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Make sure you spread it out in an even layer. Bake in your pre-heated oven for 45 – 55 minutes stirring every 15 minutes until its golden.
14. When you take it out the oven the mixture will still be soft so let it cool down for 10 minutes.
15. Enjoy immediately or store it for another day.
Hints and Tips:
- This muesli keeps well in an airtight container.