My Little ROCK – Reliable Organised Cooking Kitchen
– Acai Bowl –
I’ve fallen in love with a new breakfast – The Acai Bowl. It’s so simple, delicious and easy to make and what’s even better is that it’s really good for you. I found this recipe at Kaylaitsines and I’m so grateful that someone’s put together a version using powdered acai as it was becoming an impossible task trying to find the frozen version used in other recipe’s. My version uses kale instead of spinach and you can feel free to top your bowl with whatever you like but I’m always a sucker for some crunchy nuts and chia seeds with a splash extra fruit.
Time to table:
Number of Ingredients:
TM5 or Blender
2 tablespoons acai powder
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup coconut water
1/4 cup tightly packed kale
1/2 teaspoon honey
My toppings of choice:
1/4 cup flaked almonds
1/2 cup blueberries
1/8 cup chia seeds
- Grab out and measure all of your ingredients.
1. Add the coconut water and your frozen berries to your TM5 or blender.
2. Throw in the kale.
3. Sprinkle in the acai powder.
4. Drizzle in the honey.
5. Set your TM5 to speed 8 for 1 minute and let it rip! If you’re using a blender simply put it on the same setting as you would do to blend a smoothie.
6. Pour out your delicious liquid into a bowl for serving.
7. Slice up the banana and lay the pieces down the middle of the bowl.
8. Along side the banana drop in the blueberries.
9. Sprinkle in the almond flakes.
10. Add the chia seeds and enjoy!
Hints and Tips:
- You can change the toppings on your Acai Bowl to suit your taste.
- Purchase raspberries and strawberries on special and freeze.