My Little ROCK – Reliable Organised Cooking Kitchen
– Sweet Sesame Chicken –
This is a really easy dish to make that can be served with some rice and stir fry vegetables as a quick after work meal. I love how the chicken comes out of the oven with bits of crispy goodness despite not being deep-fried and that you can play around with the flavours quite easily. The original recipe comes from Crème De La Crumb so thank you Tiffany for such a great recipe.
Time to Table:
Number of Ingredients:
- Large baking pan – I use a cast aluminium baking pan with a non-stick surface so I can fry and bake the dish all in one pan
- Medium sized bowl for mixing the sauce
- Clip Zip Bag or extra bowl for flouring the chicken
1.2kg chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces (4 – 5 breasts)
1 cup corn flour
6 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons tomato sauce
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons white vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 large spring onions sliced
Oil for frying
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat the oven to 190C / 375F.
- Grab out all your ingredients, chop up your chicken and spring onions.
- Measure out all the rest of the ingredients as you throw them into the mixing bowl.
1. Grab out your medium-sized mixing bowl and add the brown sugar.
2. Throw in the salt.
3. Sprinkle in the garlic powder.
4. Add the white sugar.
5. Drizzle in the soy sauce.
6. Add the honey.
7. Squirt in the tomato sauce.
8. Add the white vinegar.
9. Give it a good mix and set aside while you get on to the chicken.
10. Throw the chopped chicken into a large clip zip bag.
11. Add in the corn flour and make sure its closed properly.
12. Toss the bag around in your hands to coat the chicken with the corn flour.
13. Next grab your pan and bring it to a medium heat and add the oil.
14. Throw in your chicken and cook until its lightly browned.
15. It should take just a couple of minutes and turn the chicken lightly golden in colour.
16. Next add your sauce mixture to the pan.
17. Make sure everything is evenly coated and then place it in the oven to cook for 20 – 25 minutes.
18. When the timer goes off grab out the chicken and test a piece to ensure its cooked all the way through…….my bight size pieces may be smaller than yours 🙂
19. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
20. Mix well to ensure all the chicken gets evenly coated in the seeds. At this point you could give it a season with salt and pepper if you like.
21. Serve your chicken sprinkled with the spring onions and enjoy!!!
Hints and Tips:
- If you don’t have a clip zip bag you can always use a separate bowl to coat your chicken with the corn flour.
- If you like your food spicy you can always add some fresh chilli to the dish when serving.