My Little ROCK – Reliable Organised Cooking Kitchen
– Red Pepper Hummus –
This red pepper hummus is based on a recipe from Nigella Lawson’s cookbook Nigella Express. It’s a simple dip that packs a flavour punch and can be made from ingredients that you have stashed in the cupboard and fridge. What’s even better is that it can be used as a side sauce for plain meats, served dolloped on crostini or even as a topping for nacho’s.
2 cups (500ml)
Time to Table:
Number of Ingredients:
Tm5 or Food Processor
350g jar flame-roasted red peppers
410g can chickpeas
1 teaspoon paprika
50g cream cheese
30ml olive oil
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pull out all of your ingredients.
- Drain and wash the chickpeas.
- Drain the red peppers.
1. Throw the garlic into your TM5 or food processor.
2. Squirt in the lime juice.
3. Sprinkle in the paprika.
4. Drizzle in the olive oil.
5. Drop in the cream cheese.
6. Throw in the chickpeas.
7. Finally chuck in the red peppers and set the TM5 to speed 5 for 30 seconds.
8. Take off the lid and have a taste.
9. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula and add salt and pepper to taste, let it rip again on speed 5 for 30 seconds.
10. Enjoy your red pepper hummus straight away or store in the fridge in a sealed container for later on.
Hints and Tips:
- This recipe can be made in a food processor or blender.
- Seal and refrigerate for up to 7 days.
- This dip thickens slightly once refrigerated.
Categories: Any Season, Chickpeas, Food Processor - Dips, Pestos & Tapenades, Food Processor - Pestos, Tapenades & Dips, Processor / TM5, Savory Nibbles, Time to Table: 15 minutes and under, TM5 - Dips, Pestos & Tapenades