My Little ROCK – Reliable Organised Cooking Kitchen
– Chicken Lasagna –
This Chicken Lasagna is another recipe I found on the Joyful Mommas Kitchen website. It’s one of her most requested dishes and referred to in her family as “Lexi’s yummy spinach lasagna”. Its one of those freezer friendly make ahead meals that can be whipped out of the freezer and defrosted overnight to be enjoyed for dinner the next evening. I was a bit sceptical about the ingredients at first thinking it was going to turn out as just another one of those Pinterest busts, but I was pleasantly surprised with big banging flavour it delivers. I’m kind of thinking I should cover every meal in pecans and parmesan crust now……..
4 hungry people
30 minutes – I’m allocating a little extra time just in case your all thumbs with your chicken 🙂
Time to Table:
1 hour 30 minutes
Number of Ingredients:
- Large baking pan or disposable baking container – I used a 320 x 220 x 40mm disposable aluminium tray
- Medium sized bowl for mixing the sauce
- Enough alfoil to double wrap the baking container if your planning on freezing it and the one you have has no lid
300g frozen chopped spinach
330g cooked shredded chicken (2 cups)
145g grated cheese (2 cups)
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon soy sauce
420g can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
115g sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon corn flour
1/3 cup whole egg mayonnaise
6 cooked lasagna sheets (Buy at least a pack of 6 to play it safe)
60g finely grated parmesan cheese
90g chopped pecans
Salt and pepper to taste
- Make sure you pull out your frozen spinach in advance to defrost.
- Pre heat the oven to 180C / 350F if you plan to cook it straight away.
- Chop up the cooked chicken, you could pick up a BBQ chicken to use or cook up a couple of chicken breasts.
- Chop your onion,slice the mushrooms, grate the parmesan cheese and dice the pecans.
- Measure out all the rest of the ingredients as you throw them into the mixing bowl.
1. Grab out your medium-sized mixing bowl and throw in the tin of mushroom soup, chopped onion, thawed chopped spinach, corn flour and the soy sauce.
2. Give the ingredients a good mix to combine.
3. Next add in the shredded chicken, grated cheese, sour cream.
4. Give it another good mix to combine.
5.Finally throw in the chopped mushrooms and mayonnaise.
6.You guessed it right……. mix the ingredients together.
7. Finally give the mixture a little salt and pepper and mix it in.
8. Grab out the disposable baking pan or oven safe dish.
9. Spread a layer of the mixture over the base of the dish so the lasagna sheets don’t stick to the bottom of the dish.
10. Then place a layer of the lasagna on top.
11. Keep going with the layers until you reach the top of the pan. Make sure you leave enough mixture to finish off the top layer.
12. Scatter the top layer of the chicken lasagna with the chopped pecans.
13. Sprinkle over the parmesan cheese.
14. If you’re freezing the casserole double wrap it with the alfoil or use your container cover.
15. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated 180C / 350F oven or until heated through and you have a crunchy golden topping.
16. Let the lasagna sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Hints and Tips:
- If you freeze the casserole make sure you transfer it to the fridge to defrost the night before you want to bake it.