My Little ROCK – Reliable Organised Cooking Kitchen
– Chocolate Crackles –
Chocolate crackles have been an Australian kids right of passage for years, if your mummy or daddy didn’t make them for you there was always another kids parents at school who would bring them out as a birthday party treat or after school surprise snack. You can find the original Chocolate Crackle recipe on the Kellogg’s website.
Time to Table:
1 hour 15 minutes
Number of Ingredients:
Large mixing bowl
x 2 cupcake baking trays (12 hole) or equivalent
24 cupcake liners / wrappers
4 cups rice bubbles
1 cup icing sugar
1 cup desiccated coconut
3 tablespoons cocoa
- Pull out all of your ingredients.
- Line the cupcake baking trays with the liners / wrappers.
- Make room in the fridge for the trays.
- Chop the copha® into small pieces.
1. Grab out a large mixing bowl and chuck in the rice bubbles, icing sugar, desiccated coconut and cocoa.
2. Mix the ingredients until well combined.
3. Throw the copha into a small saucepan over low heat.
4. Stir until the copha transforms into a clear liquid. Turn off the heat and allow the liquid to cool slightly.
5. Pour the melted copha into the dry mixture.
6. Mix well making sure the rice bubbles are evenly coated.
7. Grab out the cupcake tins with the liners / wrappers .
8. Spoon the mixture into the trays and refrigerate for an hour or until set.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Hints and Tips:
- You can make these a few days ahead and store them in an airtight container in the fridge.