My Little ROCK – Reliable Organised Cooking Kitchen
– Honey Joys –
Honey Joys were always a regular menu item at kid’s birthday parties when I was growing up, I don’t think I’ll ever be too old for these crunchy, sweet, golden bites of goodness. The Honey Joys recipe I use is the stock standard one from great Kellogg’s cereal company.
Time to Table:
Number of Ingredients:
x 2 cupcake trays with 12 holes or equivalent
24 cupcake liners / wrappers
4 cups corn flakes
1 tablespoon honey
1/3 cup sugar
- Pull out all of your ingredients.
- Have your cupcake trays and liners/wrappers set up ready to go next to the stove.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150C.
1. Grab a large saucepan and throw in the sugar, honey and butter.
2. Melt over a medium heat for a couple of minutes until well combined and the mixture thickens.
3. Dump in the golden corn flakes.
4. Stir until well combined and the corn flakes are coated in the buttery goodness.
5. Grab your prepared tin and liner / wrappers.
6. Carefully and quickly spoon the mixture into the tins.
7. Bake in the 150C in your preheated oven for 10 minutes.
8. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before removing from the tins.
Hints and Tips:
- You can make these a few days ahead and store them in an airtight container.