My Little ROCK – Reliable Organised Cooking Kitchen
– Liebster Blog Award Nominated by Simply Sundays –
Yay I was nominated for another Liebster Blog Award by Simply Sundays!!!
This means I’ve got another opportunity to be able to promote some more up and coming foodie recipe sites with you!
To date I’ve found out the following information on the Liebster Blog Award:
- This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people. It can be misconstrued, depending upon your personal views, as either something wonderful or as an annoyance.
- The choice lies with the nominated person to ACCEPT it, and continue PAYING IT FORWARD or to refuse to accept it by ignoring the nomination.
- Variations have been made over time to the “rules”.
So thanks Simply Sundays, I’ll take the opportunity to let some of my fellow food bloggers know that I think they do a great job.
So the rules on accepting this “award” are as follows:
1. You must thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
2. You must nominate the same number of bloggers the nominator has nominated who you think deserve this award and link their blogs too.
3. You must answer the questions posted by the blogger who nominated you and ask new questions for your nominees to answer.
4. You must notify your nominees.
I worry that the bloggers I nominate will find this to be more annoying than flattering so regardless of whether they choose to pay it forward or not I’d like to take the opportunity to let them know that I love their site, I love their recipes and hope that they keep up the hard work so that I can enjoy their posts for years to come!
I have chosen to nominate the following food blogs:
- Overtime Cook
- Sunday Girl Eats
- The Shy Kitchen
- Cups and Spoonfuls
- Fuck That’s Delicious
- Karya’s Kitchen
- Little Kings Kitchen
- Little Home Kitchen
- Eat Cake and Party
- For Goodness Cake
To the above nominees, I ask the following questions:
1. Why / how did you choose the name of your blog?
2. What’s your favourite dish to eat?
3. What’s your go easy recipe for a quick and fast weeknight meal?
4. Why did you start a food blog?
5. How much time does it take in total to put a recipe online? This includes the cooking, photographing, writing, uploading etc.
6. What type of camera are you using to take photos for your blog?
7. What’s the worst cooking disaster you’ve ever had?
8. How long have you had your cooking blog?
9. Who’s your favourite cook / chef?
10. What’s your favourite cooking TV program?
These are my questions and answers:
1. What inspires your love of cooking?
My family, it’s a wonderful experience to feed people you love.
2. What is your go-to ingredient?
Potato……you can always do something with potato.
3. Share your favorite kitchen tool and tell us why?
My wooden spoons – Its crazy and simple but there’s nothing like rocking your kitchen with you wooden spoon in a fabulous mixture or stirring a big pot of goodness on the stove. Plus if you team it up with some cool tunes and a glass of white wine it doubles as a microphone.
4. What’s your most popular recipe?
5. Do you prefer cooking savoury or sweet?
6. What encouraged you to be a blogger?
I love cooking and creating so it was the perfect combination. I also love photography which helps too.
7. Which famous chef inspires you and why?
OMG!!! That’s like picking a favourite child to me!!! It depends on the day of the week, current cookbook and the cooking shows I’m watching at the time.
Today I’m going to choose Jamie Oliver……because he keeps it simple and has recently started doing cookbooks with a super food theme.
Tomorrow it could be Nigella Lawson because she throws simple ingredients together to make dishes that pack a punch.
8. What’s the best thing you’ve ever eaten?
Hmmmmm………That’s the choosing the favourite child thing again, if you’ve got a cold and someone makes you a bowl of hot warm chicken soup then that’s going to taste like the best thing you’ve ever eaten. And if you’re starving and someone makes you a plain toasted cheese sandwich then that’s going to be it. I’m going to have to say my grandads beef curry, he passed away many years ago but when I make it or taste a similar curry it takes me back to my childhood and gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.
9. Cheese or chocolate?
10. What advice would you offer to a new food blogger?
Do what you love and love what you do. The first year is a growing period for you to evolve as a blogger and work out your style of blogging. Never expect to get it right the first few posts.
Thanks once again for the nomination Simply Sundays!
Categories: General Information