My Little ROCK – Reliable Organised Cooking Kitchen
– Pea and Basil Pesto Soup –
This is pea and basil pesto soup comes from the great Nigella Lawson. It only uses a few ingredients and is super easy to throw together when your time poor and need a warm bowl of soup in a flash. I’ve used my TM5 to make it but there’s no reason you can’t whip it up on the stove and give it a quick blend to get the same result.
Time to table:
Number of Ingredients:
375g frozen peas
2 spring onions
1 teaspoon rock salt
1/2 teaspoon lime juice
4 tablespoons basil pesto
- Grab out your ingredients.
- Remove the ends of the spring onions and cut the so they can fit into the TM5.
- Juice the lime.
1. Throw the frozen peas, salt, lime juice, spring onions and pesto into your TM5.
2. Add 750ml of water.
3. Set the TM5 to 100 C for 17 minutes on the wooden spoon stir. Leave the measuring cup off so that the steam can release.
4. Pull out the spring onion, chuck the lid back on with the measuring cup on this time and set the time for 1 minute. Slowly bring the blending speed to 4 -5.
5. Serve hot and enjoy.
Hints and Tips:
- The better the pesto the better the soup so try and buy it fresh or make your own.
- If you’re cooking the soup on the stove top let it boil for 7 minutes then pull out the spring onion and blitz with a blender.